01 June 2009

Lazy Posting

Facebook is stupid, and these quizzes are stupid, but I've not been very good about adding content, so I'm going to be lazy and self-indulgent and provide you with all kinds of unnecessary information about me. (Someone I know just posted this on his facebook page, and I actually learned a lot about him.)

1) Are your parents married or divorced?

As most of you know, Bruce and the Kare-Bear (otherwise known as "grammie and pal") are an institution.

2) Are you a vegetarian?
Yes. But I eat fish.

3) Do you believe in Heaven?
I have a very hard time "believing" in things I can't see. But I often think that other people might be right in thinking that it exists.

4) Have you ever come close to dying?
No. I avoid all risk, at all costs, all the time.

5) What jewelry do you wear?
A claddagh ring that I bought in Ireland in 1998. A variety of necklaces, most of time. I have a big collection of bracelets, mostly very cheap. I have 2 holes in each ear, but I wear earrings rarely.

6) Favorite time of day?

Sundown. Best light of the day.

7) Do you eat the stems of broccoli?

Peeled, sliced and steamed (lightly) with florets. A little tiny bit of butter and a lot of lemon.

8) Do you wear makeup?
Ha! No. This is how I maintain a good complexion.

9) Ever have plastic surgery?

Also no.

10) Do you color your hair?
I only have once. It was black. But like with so many other things, it was waaaay too much upkeep for me.

11) What do you wear to bed?
It actually varies widely. But usually whatever is closest to bed.

12) Have you ever done anything illegal?
Violate copyright. Otherwise, nothing I can think of. I am very law-abiding.

13) Can you roll your tongue?
Yes. But both my parents claim that they can't, which I believe is not genetically possible. Oh wait. Is this roll your tongue or fold it? I can fold it.

14) Do you tweeze your eyebrows?
Um. Yes. You would know if I didn't.

15) What kind of sneakers?

Nikes. They are the only ones that fit right. Do Converse count as sneakers? If so, I wear a lot of those.

16) Do you believe in Abortions?

This is a stupid question. They exist. This is not a matter of belief.

17) What is your hair color?
Mousy brown.

18) Future child's name?
I have tons of names I like. But the front runners are Maxwell for a boy, and Harlowe (nicknamed "Lolly" or "Lo") for a girl. I also like boy names that are last-names-as-first names, and the names of the Roman empresses--particularly Octavia and Livia.

19) Do you snore?
I make all kinds of noises while I sleep. I moan a lot. It is very embarrassing.

20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
London is my favorite place to visit. But right now I'm most interested in Spain.

21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Um. I'm not going to say never.

22) If you won the lottery?
I don't know. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about things that are not likely to happen.

23) Gold or silver?

Silver.

24) Hamburger or hot dog?
Neither.

25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Bagels.

26) City, beach or country?

Why choose?

27) What was the last thing you touched?

Also stupid. Clearly the keyboard.

28) Where did you eat last?
Chocolate cat cookies from Trader Joes, in bed.

29) When's the last time you cried?

I don't remember. Sometime in the last week, I'm sure. Not many weeks go by when I don't cry.

30) Do you read blogs?
Oh, this makes me look so lame, since I write one. But mostly no.

31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
I was a lumberjack for Halloween when I was 8.

32) Ever been involved with the police?
Ugh. What does this mean? I talked to a police officer recently because I witnessed a crash. But I don't break laws and I have never dated anyone in law enforcement.

33) What's your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap?

Shampoo: Shampure from Aveda (the cult of Aveda is strong). I don't tend to use conditioner, it makes my hair too oily. I like Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap and the soap for guys made by Burt's Bees. (In general I am a sucker for "product.")

34) Do you talk in your sleep?

I have been known to.

35) Ocean or pool?

Pool. But I just love being in the water, generally.

36) What's your favorite song at the moment?

"Every Me Every You" Placebo

37) What is your favorite color(s)?

Black. Since I was little.

39) Ever met anyone famous?

Yes.

40) Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life?
This is not the time for that sort of introspection.

41) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?

Twirl on my fork. But I think spaghetti is a pain in the ass. I prefer shaped pasta.

42) Ricki Lake or Oprah?

As many of you know, I believe Oprah might be the anti-Christ come to earth.

43) Basketball or Football?

To watch? To play? To date? This question is way to vague.

44) How long do your showers last?

10 minutes? Or maybe 8.

45) Automatic or do you drive a stick?

I can't drive a stick. My dad tried to teach me. It didn't go well.

46) Cake or ice cream?

Pie.

47) Are you self-conscious?
Everyone is about something, right? For me, only about very specific things.

48) Have you ever drank so much you threw up?

Only once because of volume.

49) Have you ever given money to a tramp?

Who wrote this? Tramp? A loose woman? Or a guy who rides the rails. No. No to both.

50) Have you been in love?

Sure.

51) Where do you wish you were?
The chalet.

52) Are you wearing socks?
No. It is hot out.

53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?

No.

54) Can you tango?

I could if someone taught me to. I pick up dances easily, usually.

55) Last gift you received?

Oh! This is fun! My dad bought me a new stapler because I was complaining about it here on the Make-Ready.

56) Last sport you played?
Sport? Like with other people? No.

57) Things you spend a lot of money on?

Coffee. Office supplies.

58) Where do you live?
Well, right now, not in my house. No one lives there, and that is sad.

59) Where were you born?

In Portland. I'm a native.

60) Last wedding attended?

Gosh, I actually don't remember.

61) Favorite Drink?
Right now--vodka soda with extra lime. Or Blue Moon. Or Pinot Gris. But I like lots and lots of other drinks. It always goes in cycles. I get really into one thing and drink it all the time. This winter it was the hot toddy. But that was because I was so sick for so long.

62) What'd you do last weekend?

Saw friends from out of town (yay Felisa! yay Leah!), made party food, graded research papers.

63) Most hated food(s)?

Onions and anything onion tasting.

64) What's your least fav chore?
Slopping the pigs. No, seriously, does one have "chores" when one is an adult?

65) Can you sing?

I have a good voice for singing to children. And when he is being sweet to me, I have a friend who tells me I have a good voice. He even recently did it in front of other people.

66) Last person you instant messaged?
I don't instant message. But I do text. Today I texted Jane, Rachael, and the lady Audrey, who is going to Disneyland tomorrow for her mom's birthday.

67) Last place you went on holiday?
Portland. (When I wasn't living here.)

68) Favorite regular drink?
I like drinking more than eating. So, almost anything. Juice, bubbly water, milk, coffee, tea, chai. I don't tend to drink a lot of soda. I think that V-8 is disgusting. I don't drink blood.

69) Current crush?
I only have very, very old crushes. The most current is already almost 2 years old.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

So you and Carly are also both vegetarians. Weird.

jbro said...

Yeah I don't think I learned a dang thing about you...

KRD said...

You are lying, Jamie Brown. You did not know that I recently witnessed a car crash, nor could you have known that I was eating chocolate cat cookies in bed last night. Although maybe you could have guessed it.

jbro said...

so suddenly now you're just yelling my name out?? I knew about the cookies, don't ask me how, I just knew, the same way I know that once a day I can hear Love Bites on "The Brew"

KRD said...

Oh, everyone already knows who you are. It isn't like I'm telling the people something new.

IngridCZ said...

Oh Kristen Dorsey, this list made me miss you! I hope you are doing well.

Your friend in Wisconsin -- Ingrid CZ

PS People don't wear much black here in the heart of the heart of the Midwest. My son's fav color has been black since he was 2. I'll never forget when he asked for a black balloon at the grocery store. . the Look I got!