17 June 2008

Newsiness

I woke up at 7:30 on Sunday morning feeling as if someone had beat me up mercilessly, and without missing any part of my body. Everything from my fingers to ankles to cheeks to elbows--everything-- was completely sore. And things went from bad to worse. Within a few hours I was alternately shaking and sweating and had a temperature and I spent all of Sunday on the couch, feeling, and I am sure, looking, pathetic.

I'm still not feeling great, but today I was able to eat something other than coffee ice cream (it's weird what you can tolerate eating when you have no appetite), so I must be on the mend.

But really, who gets the flu in the middle of June? I mean, I haven't even been around anyone or anywhere where that would make sense.

The bright spots in the last couple of days were 1) a funny text message joke from Dr. Awesome and 2) a fabulous Glenn Danzig you tube video sent to me by Mikey J. Thank you, gentlemen.

Lest this become nothing but a post bitching about my not-so-interesting illness--

***
An apology to J-Bro, since I forgot to mention her in my post about Acapulco's Gold. I am especially remiss because that 21st birthday celebration was sort of memorable. And to Qwanty: I wonder--am I using the term "cognitive dissonance" at all correctly? Because I almost didn't do it, knowing that you were reading. I have a feeling it is one of those terms that gets misused by the masses--you know, like "irony".

***
Did you hear that Tommy Lee and Pammy have moved back in together? I'm really pulling for those crazy kids. And, let's face it, they are both so disgusting and filthy at this point that they really aren't fit for anyone else (particularly now that Pam has already had a Kid Rock phase).

***
FSK visited from New York at the end of last week, and it was really, really fun to see her, and to see the other PSU crew that turned out for her visit. Also, she wanted to eat at the exact places that I have been wanting to eat since I've been here: Dots and the Delta. Come to think of it, maybe I was susceptible to the last of the flu virus because of the comfort food diet last week.

***
Good things come in threes, you know. My parents celebrated their 38th (!) wedding anniversary on Friday. That's cute, right? Blake celebrated his last birthday as a 20-something on Saturday. We had a family BBQ at the compound. Sunday, of course, was Father's Day. I'm afraid that it was a bit of a disappointment for Bruce (as you already know, I wasn't much for a celebration). It's too bad, because as most of you know, he's one of the best dads out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better yet?

-Apology accepted, that's a direct quote, and not from me...